What software is missing in the Fedora repository?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri May 8 01:37:54 UTC 2009

On Thursday 07 May 2009, Rex Dieter wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> While not an answer, how about something that will let kde sounds work
>> with fedora? Obviously and apparently pulse isn't it, probably for lack of
>> configuration tools.
>
>That's either
>1.  configuration issue
>2.  audio driver support/bug
>3.  pulseaudio bug
>
>none of which is solvable by additional software.
>
>If you've given up on trying to use PA, try
>yum remove pulseaudio
>
>If it still doesn't work, then it's not pa's fault.
>
>-- Rex

Thanks Rex.  I have been somewhat determined to make it work since I don't see
near as much evidence of the gored ox with f10, and in truth, nearly
everything does work, except the sound effects for kde, they sound like they
are coming from a set of headphones, in the next room, not this one.

With 3 audio systems installed, the usual on a high priced asus mainboard, and
an audigy2(not the stripped 'live' model) and apparently it has found an audio
system on the HD-2400 Pro video card too, I suppose kde's output is miss-
directed somehow.  But, I removed the module build for all the others except
for the audigy2 thinking that would force everything to use the audigy2.  No
effect other than a constant nag from kde asking if I want it to forget the
other stuff, and I click yes & check the don't nag me again box.  But it does,
everytime I startx.  I even have jack installed and have played the 10,000
monkeys thing configuring it, nothing helps.  Shrug.  Everything else works.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)