f10 install - low screen resolution

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat May 9 14:27:00 UTC 2009

On Sat, 09 May 2009 10:17:47 -0400
Bill Davidsen wrote:

> First, let me agree that the install does a dreadful job of picking screen mode.
> It seems that after the install you find that the display hardware is
> misidentified, and that changing that to "generic LCD" of suitable resolution
> will solve the issue.

That used to happen to me all the time, but since about fedora 8 it has
been correctly detecting the proper native resolution for me (in fact it
gets way too carried away with literal interpretation of the monitor's
EDID info, requiring me to work like a dog to successfully lie about
the DPI to get the fonts readable :-).