APOLOGY Re: Software request

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Sat May 9 17:02:22 UTC 2009

On Sat, 09 May 2009 03:39:50 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Beartooth wrote:
	[...]
>> Now I see what looks like Rahul replying to Rahul, with my posts not on
>> Gmane.  I don't know how or why that happened.
>
> The list normally only accepts messages from subscribers, posts through
> Gmane are exempted, but if you try mailing directly, it won't work if
> you aren't subscribed. (You can subscribe and disable mail delivery
> though.)

	95% of the time, Gmane does that for me; when it doesn't, that's
what I do -- subscribe and set to nomail. I'm trying to check now.

	A possible problem is that the address I most likely subbed has
died; if there's still an autoforward on it, I'll cope. If not, I'm
unaware how and to whom I need authenticate myself.