Still having problems with my tv tuner -- need help

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sat May 9 19:27:55 UTC 2009

Hi Arthur;

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 13:32 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 1:22 PM, William Case <billlinux at rogers.com> wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > tvtime gives me a great picture but no sound.
>
> - What brand/model tv card do you have?
from tvtime -v; lspci etc,
videoinput: Using video4linux2 driver 'cx23885', card 'Hauppauge
WinTV-HVR1800' (bus PCIe:0000:02:00.0)

> - how is it connected to the system?
from lspci | grep Audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)

motherboard integrated chip

> - how is the audio of the card connected to the system?

PCIe, line from tv tuner sound out to sound-in not needed
Sound and video for tv work in WindowsXp tv viewer.

from mplayer -v
Hardware PCM card 0 'HDA Intel' device 0 subdevice 0

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 10, Gnome 2.24.3