Backing up whole system

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sun May 10 01:43:59 UTC 2009

I have an old edition of the book Unix Backup and Recovery by W. Curtis
Preston. It is out of print now, but is available on Safari Books
Online. Preston had, or still does have, a website devoted to Unix
backup. Amanda was treated as but one backup option of many. There is a
pretty good discussion of recovery in the book which often doesn't get
much thought.

I think anyone needing to do professional backup and recovery for a
small business needs to read Preston's book and then survey the current
methodologies available.

Bob