Still having problems with my tv tuner -- need help

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sun May 10 02:10:05 UTC 2009

William Case wrote:
> Hi Mikkel;
>
> On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 15:14 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> William Case wrote:
>
>> Dumb question - did you check the mixer settings - You may have to
>> enable another input in the ALSA mixer. You may also have a mixer
>> for the TX card to set its volume level.
>>
>> I know that with PulseAudio, my TV card has its own mixer page.
>>
>> Mikkel
>> --
>
> Not such a dumb question -- Nigel and others have asked the same thing.
>
> I have checked and double checked, fiddled and tweaked with my
> alsamixer. As a result I have learnt more about audio channels than I
> ever wanted to know.  But no joy.
>
> However, since I have been known to commit stupidities, particularly
> when frustrated, I have included the output from amixer (for the text).
>
> Perhaps you could glance at it and see if there is anything I have over
> looked?
>
> ]$ cat /proc/asound/cards
>  0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
>                       HDA Intel at 0xe5300000 irq 16
<----------------------[ SNIP ]------------------------->

As someone else mentioned, it looks like you are missing a module.
You should see something like this:

 0 [IXP           ]: ATIIXP - ATI IXP
                     ATI IXP rev 0 with AD1888 at 0xfe800000, irq 17
 1 [Bt878         ]: Bt87x - Brooktree Bt878
                     Brooktree Bt878 at 0xdfd00000, irq 16

And that is about all the help I can give, I am sorry to say. My
setup pretty much "just worked" so I have not done much
troubleshooting...

Mikkel