Still having problems with my tv tuner -- need help

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sun May 10 03:40:02 UTC 2009

Hi Mikkel;

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 21:10 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> William Case wrote:
> > Hi Mikkel;
> >
> > On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 15:14 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> >> William Case wrote:
> >

> > Perhaps you could glance at it and see if there is anything I have over
> > looked?
> >
> > ]$ cat /proc/asound/cards
> >  0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
> >                       HDA Intel at 0xe5300000 irq 16
> <----------------------[ SNIP ]------------------------->
>
> As someone else mentioned, it looks like you are missing a module.
> You should see something like this:
>
>  0 [IXP           ]: ATIIXP - ATI IXP
>                      ATI IXP rev 0 with AD1888 at 0xfe800000, irq 17
>  1 [Bt878         ]: Bt87x - Brooktree Bt878
>                      Brooktree Bt878 at 0xdfd00000, irq 16
>
> And that is about all the help I can give, I am sorry to say. My
> setup pretty much "just worked" so I have not done much
> troubleshooting...

I was ready to give up.  However, I am definitely not getting the second
dev so I will try finding out why tomorrow.  I was sure I had carefully
installed everything as instructed.

Showing me what I should be seeing is a great help.

I'll leave everyone alone now.  If I can't get it working I'll quit
trying.  If I can, I will post the solution.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 10, Gnome 2.24.3