Questions on Partitioning across two drives

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Mon May 11 16:40:05 UTC 2009

Jim wrote:
> Thanks Kevin for your help on this.
> Can I change a ext3 partition  (sda1) with  data on it to raid 0 or do I
> have to do a fresh install ?

Look at the raid tools like mdadm.  I'm pretty sure you can (mdadm
--assemble?), but you have to be careful of the options you use when you
create the raid array.  Read the help files and the man pages.

caveat:  I don't run RAID at home (nor do I use LVM anymore), but I used
to work for a RAID storage array company 7-8 years ago....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net