What software is missing in the Fedora repository?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 11 18:49:13 UTC 2009

On 05/11/2009 06:19 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I just remembered another one: A compatibility rpm with the
> old libcap.so.1 library so some software I'd rather not have
> to rebuild can run (to invoke distro jealousy I'll mention
> that both ubuntu and suse still have libcap.so.1 in their
> repos :-).

Compatibility packages are generally provided for specific reasons
including old packages which depend on them. So distributions would vary
on these, depending on which versions of software they ship if they ship
it at all in the first place.

It is not very useful to request a random old library without explaining
what benefit it provides. I am unlikely to be interested in doing this,
anyway.

Rahul