Can't update F9

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Mon May 11 20:35:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Alan Evans wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it did not help. Actually, that
> package you pointed to was already installed. I forced rpm to update
> it anyway. But the behavior didn't change. Yum just cycles through
> every URL it can trying to download
> <huge-hex-number>-primary.sqlite.bz2 then reports "[Error -3] Error
> performing checksum Trying other mirror." Repeat indefinitely.

It sounds like yum or one of its dependencies is broken (or missing). You
could always try updating yum to the F10 version via rpm, and seeing if
updating it, or any of its dependencies fixes your yum problem. You could
also try updating the fedora-release package and rpm to the F10
versions.

 	Michael Young