What software is missing in the Fedora repository?

Simon Wesp cassmodiah at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 12 19:07:54 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrotes:

RS> I am doing a quick survey for software that you use on a regular
RS> basis that is not available via the Fedora repository.
games

RS> Tell me the home page of the software and give me a brief
RS> description on what it does.

a)
Unknown Horizon
www.unknown-horizons.org
Unknown Horizons is a 2D realtime strategy simulation with an emphasis
on economy and city building.

b)
PokerTH
http://www.pokerth.net/
Texas Hold'Em Poker

RS> Bonus points if you can see in Google for "software-name fedora
RS> package review" to figure it if it is already in the Fedora
RS> package review queue.
No reviews

RS> If you know of RPM packages in other distributions for the
RS> software your are suggesting, that information is useful as well.

a)
There is a rpm in packman
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/UnknownHorizon

b)
part of SuSE

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus dem schönen Hainzell
Simon Wesp

The G in GNU stands for GNU
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SimonWesp