Can't update F9

Alan Evans ame.fedora at gmail.com
Wed May 13 20:21:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Alan Evans wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Dave Feustel wrote:
>>>
>>> How about backing up your userspace to usb flashdrive and installing F10
>>> from scratch after a reformat of your disk drive?
>>
>> Did I not make it clear that installing F10 from scratch was not an
>> option?
>>
> No. You made it clear that you had some problem installing fc10, you didn't
> remember what it was, and rather than ask how to do the install cleanly you
> were asking about the upgrade. I can almost guess what the issue was, having
> input from an installathon, but you are asking for help, and "you're barking
> up the wrong tree" is painful to hear, but often correct.
>
> You have some thoughts on the upgrade, knock yourself out.

Did I cross you at some time, Mr. Davidson? If so, I'm sorry for all
the egregious harm I've caused you.

In fact, I was not asking for help upgrading from F9 to F10. That was
just big-picture information about why I was working with F9 at all. A
careful reading of my original post will reveal that I was writing to
the list because yum was refusing to update a fresh install of F9. So
I was asking for help resolving an issue with yum completely unrelated
to upgrading. Which help I received, by the way.

In any case, thanks for your proxy indignation on behalf of another poster.