Running 32 bit binaries on 64 bit systems

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed May 13 20:51:49 UTC 2009

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Wed, 13 May 2009 15:23:39 -0400
> Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
>
> ...snip...
>> Is there some tool, and can we tell search engines about it?
>>

> yum?
>
> yum install package.i586
>
> should pull in the needed 32bit packages.

That actually just generates a "no package package.i586 available" did you think
it would load all the libraries or something? You really need the package name,
which is what I need to extract from the binary.

I already tried installing lib*.i586, some libraries are in packages which don't
have lib* names.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>