Can't Run Fedora 10 or 11 Install CD

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed May 13 21:50:52 UTC 2009

Jim wrote:
> I have a running Fedora 10/KDE install. That is booting and running okay.
>
> If I attempt to run a  FC11 install CD I get this error message. Each CD
> is booting off of CD.

> This is a EeePC 1000 laptop and the ,
> / partition is sda1 (8gb SSD)
> /home partition is sdb1 (32gb SSD)
>
> And initially I installed Fedora 10 off a CD without any errors .

Several thoughts, can you use the livecd stuff and make a thumb drive and boot
off that? Can you try a USB CD drive? Have you upgraded the BIOS since the
install? Have you run memtest?

Sorry to shotgun the problem, my first thought is that you are getting a read
error undetected.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>