rsync -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu May 14 19:33:14 UTC 2009

I have two f-10 desk top computers, boxes 6 and 9. I use them
interchangeably and keep notes [notecase] in both. I would like to
update each from the other without losing anything in the process.

The name "rsync" seems to imply that it will make them identical. Does
that mean if the source has fewer files than the target the target will
have some deleted? Is there a command string to ensure I wont lose
anything?

None of this is clear to me from the man page.

Bob