cell phone

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu May 14 23:24:24 UTC 2009

Craig White wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 17:59 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> Ed Greshko wrote:

>>> Can we assume your cellphone is a "Google Phone" whose O/S is Android
>>> and uses linux at its base?
>>>
>>> If that is so....
>>>
>>> Head over to http://developer.android.com/index.html.
>>>
>>> I hope you are also aware that packages from any distribution are HW
>>> specific.
>>>
>> ??? I assume you meant CPU type must match, for applications the rest of the
>> hardware is behind system calls and libraries. And I have read in several places
>> that Linux runs on iPhone, probably not Fedora though. ;-)
> ----
> why don't you stick to things you know. iPhone runs a version of Mac OSX

And Dell laptops run Windows... and Linux runs on all of them. I would certainly
rather have Android than OSX (or Fedora) on a phone, but that's not what the OP
was asking. Clearly iPhone is a WIP, but it's up and sort-of running.

You can tell who really likes their OS, no one is doing a VISTA port to iPhone. ;-)

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>