Need advice re: checking permissions !?

Giuseppe Fuggiano giuseppe.fuggiano at gmail.com
Fri May 15 20:26:17 UTC 2009

2009/5/15 William Case <billlinux at rogers.com>:
> Hi;
>
> Don't waste time on explaining how permissions work.  I have got that
> right down to the kernel level.
>
> I have a program that I suspect has a permissions bug.  I have checked
> dmesg and nothing is said about a permissions problem.  Can I count on
> dmesg ALWAYS being right. Or, is there another way to double check if a
> program is getting hung up on an incorrect permission for a process and

What kind of permissions are you talking about?  I assume you are
referring to file permissions.  Given that, I don't understand why you
are looking to dmesg.

Assuming I'm interpreting your question correctly, to know exactly
what it's happening I would use 'strace'.

Bye
--
Giuseppe Fuggiano
Linux user #483710