If you wondered why Intel sucks on Fedora read this

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sun May 17 10:19:31 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 4:52 AM, Petrus de Calguarium
<kwhiskerz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
>
>> If you wondered why Intel sucks on Fedora
>
> I cannot say that "Intel sucks on Fedora", but some problems
> are apparent (like, kms won't work on i915, like the display
> freezing when trying to play videos, etc, but this sounds like
> a new 'paradigm' for the display driver, so we need to be
> patient (like we were when the desktop's new paradigm took
> shape in 2008 - and how it has matured!). Like the article
> says, there are so many interleaved projects, like intel
> driver, xorg, mesa, compositing, dri2, and whatnot. I am
> optimistic that it will be wonderful soon.

For me the performance is the mail issue. I tried a simple game on
Fedora 10 and Ubuntu - "World of Goo" and it is not playable because
it is too slow on Fedora, but on Vista with same hardware (i945gm) it
works like a charm

.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/