email command alternative: a command line SMTP client

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Mon May 18 15:36:38 UTC 2009

Il giorno lun, 18/05/2009 alle 08.54 -0500, Bruno Wolff III ha scritto:
> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 12:13:49 +0200,
>   Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it> wrote:
> > There is on Fedora Repository a command like this?
>
> You can use mutt to do command line email sending.

Thanks Bruno, but how to set mutt via command line to connect to an
external SMTP server (my provider, not sendmail on localhost) and then
authenticate on it with SMTP-AUTH (a mail account, username and
password) ?

> Also if you have an MTA (e.g. sendmail) running there is usually a way to
> inject mail directly to the MTA. This might be more convenient in some
> cases.
I not have configured a local MUA, I preferred send E-Mail via my
external provider

"email" command is a simple way, but there is not a rpm on Fedora
Repositories,

Thanks

--
Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>