email command alternative: a command line SMTP client

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon May 18 20:12:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, 18 May 2009 14:45:34 -0430
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> Guess we can have fun inventing names. Unfortunately "mailit" seems to
> be taken and "postit" might have trademark problems :-). Perhaps
> "sendit" (or even "send", which amazingly doesn't seem to be in use).

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 16:03:05 -0400
From: Dean Jones <>

As far as a name change, are they just wanting the package to be renamed or
the binary itself too?  I was always tossing around ideas like ccmail,
ccsend, ccemail, etc...  but there is some weird LAN based email system
called CC:Mail that it may get confused with.  If it's just a package name,
then email-cleancode.org is just fine.  What is required of me to get the
ball rolling?