Spin request (I guess)

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Tue May 19 17:20:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, 18 May 2009 20:01:29 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> I installed F10 from the Live CD on my eeePC 1000 about a month ago and
> nearly everything worked out of the box except suspend/resume (Wifi
> wouldn't come back) and the Bluetooth mouse (worked with minor
> tweaking).
>
> A week or so ago I upgraded to Rawhide using preupgrade and now
> *everything* works out of the box, even the special function keys
> (speaker volume, screen brightness etc, Wifi off/on etc.). I'm really
> impressed with this.
>
> For now I don't see why anyone would need a special Fedora spin for
> these machines.

	If that works on the 701 (which is a lot smaller, in every sense,
and slower than the 1000), it'll be the best news in a month of Sundays.

	My experience with F10, which I also installed (on the 701, which
is all I have yet) was not encouraging. It installed all right -- but
took over ten minutes (yes, no typo : > 6000 seconds) to boot, which made
it unusable for my purposes.

	I'm told, here and iirc by you inter alia, that that was
anomalous: I must have messed up the install somehow. That's easy to
believe, but it wasn't worth going into then, much less now.

	With F11 due out in a week, I'll wait maybe two, get a  copy, and
try it. Thanks for the clue!