Fedora-11 No sound - can you file a bug.

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue May 19 22:07:02 UTC 2009

On 19/05/09 20:52, Frank Murphy (Frankly3d) wrote:
>> Have a look in alsamixer with the command below, and look for anything
>> muted, or sliders down at zero.
>>
>> alsamixer -D hw:0
>
> That was the one. two or three sliders were at zero.
Frank, I would like to request that you create a bugzilla.redhat.com bug
for this (check for an existing bug for your hardware first).
Run alsa-info, allow it to paste your audio config to the alsa web site,
and then copy the URL it provides in the bug report. Include which
fader(s) and or mute you had to adjust, so that sound worked.

The audio devel guys have a way to determine which mixer parts should be
used by default, and it seems it either does not have a config for your
hardware, or the config might be incorrect.

There might even be time to get it into the F11 release... and hence not
have people have to ask questions like yours and get a workaround. It is
supposed to work without user intervention; you can help !

Cheers.

DaveT.