Fedora 10 Installation: Hangs at *Disabling IRQ #9*

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue May 19 23:05:08 UTC 2009

On 20/05/09 08:03, Yang Yang Hu wrote:
> I'm currently running a Windows Vista machine, and I'm trying to install
> 64-bit Fedora 10 to dual boot.
>
> I run into my problem after I select the *Install* option from the
> Fedora welcome screen, as the installer tries to load but then stops at
> *Disabling IRQ #9*.
Is that before or after VT switch becomes possible ? (ctrl-alt-f2)

> It continues to stall until the computer overheats,
> and while it hangs, the disk does not do work.
>
> Is this a common bug in the Fedora 10 installer?
No. It is probably hardware specific. F10 install worked well for most
users. It would be good to see a smolt hardware profile for the machine;
you could do this by trying an F10 live cd, and running
smolt-sendprofile when that is running (if it works).

> How can I fix this?
See if you can find a matching bug in bugzilla.redhat.com.
There might be a kernel installer parameter like noapic etc that can
workaround the issue.

DaveT.