Frustration with F10/KDE

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 20 14:12:15 UTC 2009

On 05/19/2009 08:48 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>
>> Trying to put Icons on Desktop.
>> Dragging a app/icon from menu to Desktop, when you want to put a icon in
>> a certain place, Kde moves it some place other than where you want it.
>> You have no control of where you put Icons.
>>
>> This has nothing to do with Folder view
>>
> Then this is your first problem. You aren't supposed to put icons directly
> on the Plasma desktop, only inside the Desktop folder shown by the folder
> view (unless you set your entire desktop to be a folder view, as KDE 4.2
> now allows). Putting icons directly on the Plasma desktop is legacy
> functionality kept only for backwards compatibility with KDE 4.0 (so you
> don't lose icons configured in 4.0.x).
>
>          Kevin Kofler

Yeah !, will you tell that to the rest of my family that I have
Fedora/KDE on their boxes,
they have been using Fedora since 6 and they want their Icons on the
desktop, not in a shaded window.
Now if you want their phone numbers, I would gladly send them to you.
But I must warn you, when you get to my Brother, lots of luck. As far as
he is concern, it's the old way or no way at all.