Spin request (I guess)

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Wed May 20 20:52:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, 20 May 2009 07:48:48 -0700, Alan Evans wrote:

> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Beartooth wrote:
>> My 701 has a 4GB solid state drive, which I think is the same, and
>> either a 4 GB or an 8 GB camera card. Tell me of those tweaks -- pretty
>> please! With sugar on it.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2009-January/msg01418.html

	Thank you! I don't know how I missed that at the time. And to
comment on one point there, are you aware of all the forums and wikis at
http://forum.eeeuser.com/

> (I'm not sure how any of that would help your boot times, however. How
> did you do your original install?)

	Wrongly, I suppose. I put a known good medium into my external
USB media drive, as I've mostly done with that machine, installed (I
disremember whether from a full DVD or a Live CD), called up PackageKit,
and started removing things that I knew or hoped I could omit.