What software is missing in the Fedora repository?

David bouncingcats at gmail.com
Thu May 21 08:43:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am doing a quick survey for software that you use on a regular basis
> that is not available via the Fedora repository. Software that you
> suggest should be free and open source, free of patent and other legal
> issues.
>
> Tell me the home page of the software and give me a brief description on
> what it does.  Bonus points if you can see in Google for "software-name
> fedora package review" to figure it if it is already in the Fedora
> package review queue. If you know of RPM packages in other distributions
> for the software your are suggesting, that information is useful as well.

Name: FreeMind

Home page: http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

FreeMind is a free mind mapping application written in Java. It
therefore runs on a wide variety of operating systems, including
Linux. This software enables the user to visualise ideas, projects,
brainstorming, concepts, internet research, or any activity that
benefits from having a structured overview.

Wikipedia:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemind
FreeMind was a nominee for Best Project in SourceForge.net's Community
Choice Awards for 2008, which featured Open Source software projects

RPM:
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/Mandriva/official/2009.0/SRPMS/contrib/release/freemind-0.9.0-0.0.6mdv2009.0.src.rpm