F 10 Installation without Network Manager

Shannon McMackin smcmackin at gmail.com
Sat May 23 03:45:58 UTC 2009

On 05/22/2009 11:23 PM, Mike Dwiggins wrote:
> Tom Horsley wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 May 2009 20:04:53 -0700
>> Mike Dwiggins wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone found a way to install F 10 without installing Network
>>> Manager?
>>
>> No, but if you use the "asknetwork" boot parameter, you can get anaconda
>> to configure a static IP that actually sorta functions correctly, then
>> you
>> can "yum erase NetwokManager" as your first official act after you get
>> it installed :-).

>> 270.12.37/2129 - Release Date: 05/22/09 17:56:00
>>
> Kinda what I figured but, I could always hope!
>
> Thanks
> Mike

What's your goal?  All static IPs?

After the install, under System - Administration - Services, you can
disable the NetworkManager service from starting.  At that point, you
can install WICD or any other network tool or just use the standard
ifconfig commands with the specific interface you want to enable.