Troubles with gnome-format

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Sat May 23 14:37:35 UTC 2009

	I was using a geekstick (Sandisk Cruzer 4 GB) when the power went
out suddenly. It doesn't boot any more.

	My thought was to format it, and re-install the bootable Crunchee
(clone of crunchbang linux) that it had before.

	Inserted into this machine, it automounts, and Properties shows
it as /media/disk. When I try to format it, either to FAT or to ext2, it
pops up an error saying permission is denied -- for /dev/sdc

	I ran both chown -r btth:btth both against /media/disk and
against /dev/sdc; it seemed to complete normally (or at least, without
any message) both times.

	But gnome-format still fails, still with the same error.