Selinux, Fail2ban, iptables BUG

Antti J. Huhtala ahuhtal4 at welho.com
Sat May 23 17:43:30 UTC 2009

la, 2009-05-23 kello 12:14 -0400, Jim kirjoitti:
> FC10/KDE
>
> Has anyone run across this problem run across this while running
> fail2ban-0.8.3-18.fc10.noarch  ??
>
> there are two Redhat bug reports on this same problem and they seem to
> think it's fixed, but it isn't.
> Bug #
> 499674
> 491444

Please look at bug # 475237. Though it originally didn't mention your
particular problem, the latter was one of many fail2ban-related SELinux
denials I encountered. In my case, the problem was solved by building a
*local module* enabling the coexistence of fail2ban and SELinux.
The procedure is explained in SELinux FAQ, but you may have to repeat
the procedure several times.
My local.te file is available (off-list) if you need it.

Antti