NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun May 24 05:08:43 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-23 at 08:18 -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> I do recognize there are plenty of open source people out there
> working to offer alternative choices, and I support them too. I made a
> choice to use Fedora outside of my work place. But in making that
> choice I also decided to be practical and understand there are times
> when I may have to use non-free solutions.

One wonders if these same zealots stick to their guns about not buying
closed stuff when they buy their motherboards...  There's more than just
NVidia that's a magic black box in the computer.

Yes, I'd like to be totally free, but I've got Buckley's chance.  I'm
not going to trash a $1200 laptop just to change chipsets.  I still need
to be able to do naughty things like play MP3s, even though I'd prefer
ogg vorbis files (oggs sound better, too), but sometimes an MP3 is all
you're going to get.  And the list goes on...

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.