F11 and gtkpod

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon May 25 13:07:56 UTC 2009

Roger Grosswiler wrote:
> I recently installed F11 Preview. Basically, it is working
> excellent. The only exception is gtkpod.
>
> If i copy the content of my ipod nano 8gb silver (3rd gen.) to the
> music library, gtkpod crashes with the error-message "no X-Displayer
> available."
>
> Is this error known?

I've not seen this error reported upstream or in the Fedora bugzilla
database.  So it's not known to me. :)

Is that the exact error text?  (If not, can you copy/paste or
reproduce the exact error text?)  No such text appears in the gtkpod
source, so I'd need some help to determine where it might be coming
from.  If you run gtkpod from a terminal, are there other errors when
the program crashes?

Getting a full stack trace is also often helpful.  For details on how
to go about this, see: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StackTraces

All of us could take a lesson from the weather.  It pays no attention
to criticism.