Enlightenment and NetworkManager

jack wallen jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
Mon May 25 14:27:20 UTC 2009

Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 2:31 PM, jack wallen <jlwallen at monkeypantz.net> wrote:
>> Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Now are you using nm-applet in enlightenment? I have started nm-applet
> in xterm window but don't see it anywhere in enlightenment, strange.

you won't actually see it show up. if you've already configured
nm-applet in GNOME all you need to do is issue the command:

nm-applet &

from the command line. it should pick up an ip address from your
wireless. issue something like:

ping yahoo.com

to test it. if it doesn't work right away i will issue the nm-applet &
command a second time.

now to make this easy i add an entry to the E16 menu that looks like this:

"Wireless" NULL exec "nm-applet &"

that menu entry will go in ~/.e16/menus/user_apps.menu

save that and give it a try.

hope that helps.

jack

--