F11p Wine?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon May 25 21:37:13 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Take a look at the yum-plugin-remove-with-leaves. It does what you want.
>
> Well, it tries to. More often than not, it does the wrong thing (e.g. where
> applications require other applications.) You can't even come close to
> reliably solving this problem without tracking which packages were
> installed explicitly and which were automatically installed as
> dependencies, and remove-with-leaves doesn't even try to do that. And even
> if you do that, you can end up removing stuff which wasn't supposed to be
> removed.

I can come closer to getting a working system with simple logic which says that
if I remove A which depends on B, remove B as well unless some other installed
package depends on B. There is some possibility that I installed B manually, but
when the other options are (a) manually remove everything you can think of, (b)
reinstall, or (c) live with a broken non-functional system, I will take my
chances that I would have to reinstall something manually, as opposed to the
total assurance that I have to install and configure if I have to reinstall to
get back to a working system.

This is Linux not Windows, I don't want it to "know better," I want "careful" by
default, but I want the big hammer when I need a big hammer. Fedora is far from
"nanny Linux" now, dangerous power tools are not only permitted but encouraged.

can we get yum 3.2.23 in for release? Or at least in fedora-testing?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>