DVD creation for Iso download.

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon May 25 21:49:00 UTC 2009

craig morroni wrote:
> Good Morning:
>
> I have downloaded the Rel 10 Fedora iso from the website (general link)
> so the files is F10-i686-live.iso to my windows desktop.
>
> I have tried to create a dvd on two different machines that I write
> DVD's to all of the time.  So this is not my first attempt at creating a
> DVD.
> In this case, I am telling Roxio to burn an image.
>
> Roxio tells me everything is complete and ejects the DVD.  When I take
> the DVD and try to explore, there isn't any information on the DVD.
>
> Why?

The most likely reasons are (a) you created a media with a single file which is
the ISO, rather than burning the image (Windows software needs to be told to
burn an image as-is, some won't), or (b) you burned a CD image on a DVD, which
works with some systems and not others. Don't ask why, some burners burn it
right, some BIOS read it right, some people spend time arguing that "it should
work," but others just avoid doing that. Some people have hardware which works
that way and claim "it works for me" means it's good, reliable, portable practice.

Very high probability one of those two things is your problem, I lean toward not
having burned the image, but I would check both.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>