Question about whehter xinetd is still used.

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Tue May 26 15:21:28 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> You should file bug reports if that's the case.

Well, in the git-daemon case, I'm now one of the maintainers.  So I
can more easily fix the problem directly. ;)

I think there are some valid reasons for packages to drop files into
/etc/xinet.d and not require xinetd, but whether each of the 14 or so
packages that currently do so should be doing so needs looking into.
I posted the repoquery results in case others who use the various
packages want to look closer and perhaps file bugs where appropriate.

If a government were put in charge of the Sahara Desert, within five
years they'd have a shortage of sand.
    -- Dr. Milton Friedman