Globbing with scp

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Tue May 26 22:55:55 UTC 2009

There appear to be missing concluding brackets in the output of man scp:
(F9)
=================
NAME
     scp - secure copy (remote file copy program)

SYNOPSIS
     scp [-1246BCpqrv] [-c cipher] [-F ssh_config] [-i identity_file]
 [[user@]host1:]file1 ...  [[user@]host2:]file2

The missing right brackets make me wonder how to transmit
bunches of files without having to specify the password(s)
multiple times. Is globbing possible? If so, could someone
provide an example? So far none of my experiments attempting
to transfer multiple files in a single scp command have worked.

Thanks.