Screensaver usurpation

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Wed May 27 17:46:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, 27 May 2009 16:06:52 +0100, Steve Searle wrote:

> Around 03:59pm on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 (UK time), Rahul Sundaram
> scrawled:
>
>> On 05/27/2009 08:21 PM, Beartooth wrote:
>>

>> > 	I've tried the big hammer more than once -- told yum to remove
>> > gnome-screensaver; but it always threatens to take xscreensaver with
>> > it.
>> >
>> > 	Is there anything I can do about this usurpation? Or if not,
>> > might some developer in an idle moment take a hard look at the
>> > dependencies?
>>
>> I don't know what the trouble is. Here I go, on a system with GNOME
>> install, I install xscreensaver
>>
>> http://fpaste.org/paste/13109
>>
>> Then I remove gnome-screensaver
>>
>> http://fpaste.org/paste/13110
>>
>> No problems.  Show us your output
>
> Note, I am not the OP, but for me:
	[....]
	OK, I am the  OP, and I get what looks the same to me :

Removing:
 gnome-screensaver                  i386     2.24.1-2.fc10
installed   3.4 M
Removing for dependencies:
 fedora-screensaver-theme           noarch   1.0.0-3.fc10
installed    18 k
 fedorainfinity-screensaver-theme   noarch   1.0.0-1.fc8
installed   102 k
 rss-glx-gnome-screensaver          i386     0.8.2.p-1.fc10
installed   4.3 k
 xscreensaver-extras-gss            i386     1:5.08-5.fc10
installed    43 k
 xscreensaver-gl-extras-gss         i386     1:5.08-5.fc10
installed    28 k

	So suppose I tell it yes. From other posts in this thread, it
seems I would still have some part of xscreensaver. What, in non-
technical terms, would it look like?

	Could I still have my colliding galaxies, my bouncing cow and
flying toasters, my cage and cubestorm, my decayscreen and endgame, my
flow and knots, my grav and hypercube, interaggregate and Klein bottle,
my molecules and mountains, .....?