EeePC - Fedora or Ubuntu?

Alessandro Boggiano boggiano at gmail.com
Thu May 28 12:13:39 UTC 2009

Timothy Murphy ha scritto:
> I've got rather annoyed with the Xandros on my EeePC-4G,
> and am thinking of installing a different OS.
>
> I would like to install Fedora,
>
> Does anyone have an argument for installing Fedora
> on this very small machine?

Hello Timothy,
I started with an Ubuntu 9.04 on my eeepc 1000HD, but, (I don't know
what,) "something" was wrong.
So I decided to try with F11: I'm very happy! :)
IHMO, there are some things to work out : Pulseaudio is a pain, default
gnome is a little "heavy", (I'm thinking to switch to fluxbux), but I
want to say that almost everything was working "out of the box".
Oh, a kernel problem with the video card i915 and "tiling disabled"
(google for it); but I don't complain : F11 is a preview right now.

And, of course, the big deal is "I'm feeling at home" with my Fedora! ;)

Anyway, I think that you can start with a live usb and guve it a try!

Ciao
Alessandro