EeePC - Fedora or Ubuntu?

Alan Evans ame.fedora at gmail.com
Thu May 28 15:21:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 5:00 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I've got rather annoyed with the Xandros on my EeePC-4G,
> and am thinking of installing a different OS.

This came up just a short time ago. To answer your question directly,
I've found F10 to be a very good fit on my EeePC.

I put a LiveCD onto a SD card using livecd-iso-to-disk and installed
from that, which gave me a pretty light install. I followed some of
the advice at:

    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Eee_PC

particularly the use of OpenBox and Epiphany.

I also tweaked my fstab to reduce writing to my internal flash storage:

    https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2009-January/msg01418.html

In all, I love Fedora 10 on my EeePC. I'm excited about trying F11 soon...