Can't get updates

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Thu May 28 18:14:00 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 27 May 2009 15:45:45 Antonio M wrote:
> 2009/5/27 Anne Wilson <annew at kde.org>:
> >>
> >> Did you, before all update yum:
> >>
> >> yum update yum
> >
> > I forgot that - but I can't:
> >
> > Downloading Packages:
> > http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/updates/testing/10/i38
> >6/yum-3.2.23-3.fc10.noarch.rpm: [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-2,
> > 'Name or service not known')> Trying other mirror.
> >

> > Error Downloading Packages:
> >  yum-3.2.23-3.fc10.noarch: failure: yum-3.2.23-3.fc10.noarch.rpm from
> > updates-testing: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
> >
> > Anne
> >
> > --
>
> Anne,
>
> can you download the yum rpm directly and save on your hard disk???
> then by rpm command you should be able to install it...

Eventually I got a url for a mirror, found the new yum, downloaded and
installed it.  I still have the same problem.  By now I'm almost convinced
that $releasever either isn't set, or is passing a wrong version.  Googling
seems to add weight to this idea.

How do I find the current value of $releasever?  If it's wrong, is the correct
command

SET $releasever = 10

?

Anne