Kernel update broke my system.

Wendell Nichols wcn00 at shaw.ca
Fri May 29 12:58:25 UTC 2009

While I was conducting a web meeting with a number of people yesterday
my keyboard stopped working.  Thats the second time its happened and I
was forced to reboot!  Imagine my acute frustration that because of a
kernel update the boot loader failed and I was left with a blinking
cursor!  While 10 people patiently waited on the phone I had to boot the
installer and go through the "change boot loader" part of an os
upgrade.  Luckly that worked and I was back in business in about 15 minutes.
I suspect that all my raving about the stability of linux over windows
is now the source of some humor in my company and the 3 other companies
represented on the call....

The kernel update that "got me" was:  kernel-2.6.27.19-170.2.35.fc10.x86_64
ackkptewee :-)
wcn