bluetooth mounse becomes erratic when network load is moderate.

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri May 29 14:15:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 06:52 -0600, Wendell Nichols wrote:
> Wendell Nichols wrote:
> > I have a bluetooth mouse which works nicely most of the time, but if I
> > run a process which consumes network resources (and my network is
> > wireless) the pointer lags behind the mouse movement.  Even playing
> > music via an nfs mounted disk is enough to cause this problem.  Anyone
> > else see or overcome that?
> > wcn
> >
> More on my own question.
> It turns out that bluetooth runs on the same frequencies as woreless
> b/g/n.  Bluetooth also uses frequency switching to the extent that it
> didn't help to relocate my wireless N connection to either end of the
> supported spectrum.  Wireless ethernet and bluetooth are simply not
> compatable in the same area.  I will have to keep my USB mouse handy for
> those times that I am making heave use of the wireless.
> Thank goodness I didn't go out and buy that bluetooth headset...

I have a BT mouse and Wifi on my EeePC and they both work fine at the
same time. Lots of people are going to be in the same situation, so if
Bluetooth and Wifi were incompatible I'm sure we'd have heard about it
before now, and very loudly.

I've no idea what's going on in your case, but my first thought would be
to try a different Bluetooth mouse. Perhaps yours is out of spec. Or
maybe your machine is simply overloaded.

poc