bluetooth mounse becomes erratic when network load is moderate.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri May 29 14:18:00 UTC 2009

On Friday 29 May 2009, Wendell Nichols wrote:
>Wendell Nichols wrote:
>> I have a bluetooth mouse which works nicely most of the time, but if I
>> run a process which consumes network resources (and my network is
>> wireless) the pointer lags behind the mouse movement.  Even playing
>> music via an nfs mounted disk is enough to cause this problem.  Anyone
>> else see or overcome that?
>> wcn
>
>More on my own question.
>It turns out that bluetooth runs on the same frequencies as woreless
>b/g/n.  Bluetooth also uses frequency switching to the extent that it
>didn't help to relocate my wireless N connection to either end of the
>supported spectrum.  Wireless ethernet and bluetooth are simply not
>compatable in the same area.  I will have to keep my USB mouse handy for
>those times that I am making heave use of the wireless.
>Thank goodness I didn't go out and buy that bluetooth headset...
>wcn

That's odd, both my keyboard and mouse are wireless of some sort, logitek, and
there does not seem to be any interaction between those and a bluetooth dongle
that I use instead of a serial cable to an old legacy computer in the
basement. There is also an atheros card in my router that I use for my lappy
about half the time.  When I can get that bcm4318 to work at all that is.
POS.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures.
		-- Gaius Julius Caesar, quoted in "The Conspiracy of
		   Catiline", by Sallust