WSJ - Article on Linux netbooks

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Fri May 29 16:30:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, 29 May 2009 17:22:54 +0200
Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Thank the HPLIP team for that. :-)

Thanks hplip team! :-).

> (No, I don't work for HP nor on the HPLIP project, I just like the fact that
> it just works out of the box.)

But what is really unfortunate is that the box doesn't have a penguin
printed on it, and HP's product pages don't mention linux or point
to the hplip site. If I was HP, I'd want hordes of linux users
saying "Hey! Look! Linux support, I gotta get me one of those!".
I only discovered scanner support had been added to hplip by
complete accident when I saw a mention of it in some unrelated
thread during a web search.