I'd like to get rid of pulseaudio but ...

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200905 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 18:22:40 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> writes:
> On 05/29/2009 11:13 PM, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
>> One should waterboard the developer till he/she agrees to write the
>> manpage.
> This is unlikely to be effective as a strategy. Hey, it is somewhat ok
> that you give me software for free with open source code voluntarily but
> I demand you write full documentation to go along with it or else ..?

How to encourage people to do the right thing is an important question.
Linux distributions do have a little bit of pull with the developers.
It is not exactly like the developers don't get *anything* out of the
transaction.  They get their egos stroked and get their name in 12pt
pixels on a zillion computer screens.  More if they write that manpage
and fill in the AUTHORS section. ;-)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              Android 1.5 (Cupcake) and Fedora-11