Kernel update broke my system.

Smith, Herb herb.smith at boeing.com
Fri May 29 18:27:50 UTC 2009

Can't boot into anything when all you get is the GRUB_ prompt.  Wrote to
the help me list to figure out what to do to get my system back.  Once I
get it back I'll be able to try a lot of different things.  From the
respones of some, it seems that it's an issue with GRUB, but it's
unclear that there is an underlying kernel issue or not.  It would seem
that the kernel might be ok, but just that GRUB got hosed in the update
process.

Yes, I do realize that the previous kernel is still there, but was also
curious as to what could cause this.  It appears, from the lack of
traffic on the topic that not many have had this issue.  Wondered if it
was a hiccup in the download process that caused an install to go bad,
or if there was something unique to my system that caused it to go
bad...

Sorry for trying to understand...

Herb Smith