server error

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat May 30 08:56:10 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 00:31 -0700, reemacrasta at yahoo.com wrote:
> Have trouble in sending mails on outlook. we are using fedora 9 as
> mail server. on the outlook when we configure new email it gives the
> error "The connection to the server couldnot be found
> mail.csindiasteel.co.in" is now offline.

Sounds like DNS issues.  i.e. Whatever DNS service your computer using
Outlook uses, it doesn't know anything about mail.csindiasteel.co.in.

Another potential cause is a mixed up internal end external system.
Such as having real public DNS, then trying to use it from with your
LAN, with internal addresses, and the firewall blocking such things.

NB:  When posting a new thread, do it by creating a totally new message
to the list.  Don't reply to someone else's message.  Replying to one
and erasing the content isn't creating a "new message," either.  See the
guidelines link link in the footer of all this list's messages.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.23-78.2.50.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.