OT: Pushing back Time

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat May 30 18:05:52 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 09:06:51 -0500,
  Chris <racerx at makeworld.com> wrote:

> While I do use (and love) Cent for our servers, I can't commit to it for
> my desktop. I do look forward to 11 though. It may not be enough to
> move me back just yet - but I can still hope.

My feeling is that F12 is likely to be a nice release, but F11 is likely
to need to grow. I have had a lot of frustrating issues come up during rawhide
and while things are mostly in a reasonable state now, I expect people to
be finding some rough spots yet. In particular video / X stuff has been in
a lot of flux. I expect that between now and the F12 release things will
improve a lot, especially for systems using Intel and ATI video hardware.

I'd like to be able to recommend using Fedora + RPMFusion + Livna to my
neighbor, but I suggested Ubuntu (which he likes) a few weeks ago, because I
thought it would be better (less likely to be frustrating) for a new linux
user. This is someone who I think might want to be a participant, not just
end user.