Viewing .jpg Pictures in Thunderbird

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat May 30 19:50:59 UTC 2009

Jim wrote:

> I think this may explain it here. Every picture shows this Content-Type

that will squirrel the bird.

something you could 'try for the fun of it'. cerate a new subfolder and
*copy* email to it.

close thunderbird and then with a _plain_text_ editor, vi, kwrite, etc,
open email and change 'application/octet-stream' to 'image/jpeg'.

delete '.msf' file associated to subfolder and delete 'panacea.dat' in
your profile directory, '/home/jim/.thunderbird/????????.default/'.

reopen thunderbird and it will rescan your folders. then open email and
click attachment to see if it will open as a '.jpg' file.

i have done a lot of things to modify thunderbird emails, but never
tried above. it may work. it may not. if not, it is problem with
'octet-stream' coding attachment differently from what an 'image/jpeg'
would be.

> Thanks guy for your help I learn something new today.

you are very welcome.

'live and learn. die and forget'. may you live long to forget plenty. :)

> I could say in about 50 years I would know everything there was about Linux,
> to know it all.

my first round with linux was when red hat was on floppies and latter a
permanent install from cd. i am still learning and enjoying. :)

> NOT!!!

perseverance.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today
**
to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it;
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****