I'd like to get rid of pulseaudio but ... (Gene Heskett)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun May 31 00:09:59 UTC 2009

On Saturday 30 May 2009, Joonas Sarajärvi wrote:
>2009/5/30 Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>:
>> Why can't all of this audio crap have a 'service audio restart'? function?
>
>Probably because there isn't a system-wide audio service. The
>pulseaudio server usually runs in the user's desktop session.

Ok, so I add or remove a line in one of the /etc/pulse files.  What do I have
to kill and restart to make it re-read those config files and put the effect
into service?  Is a restart of X sufficient?

Right now, the only thing working is the kde sound effects.  Any other source,
like a new video with sound, is pure white noise at 120 db above the kde sound
effects.  Since I like to tour the news sites of an evening, I'll remove what
I installed and reboot in about an hour if no helpful advice seems to be
forthcoming.

Also, I tried to join the pulse mailing list, but FF had a whole cow over the
https certificate, and I have never seen such a strong warning from FF before
so I didn't ok it.  Could someone advise Lennert that his sites ssh
certificate is dead or compromised?

Thanks Joonas.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
		-- John Keats